Uploading a resume on LinkedIn and exporting a resume from LinkedIn are both different terms. If you want to know how you can upload your resume on LinkedIn then here are a few points that will guide you through the whole process.
Upload Resume to LinkedIn:
LinkedIn has redesigned its resume section. After the removal of the ‘import resume’ feature, it is now a little more complex to add your resume to your LinkedIn profile. Here is how you can add your resume to your LinkedIn profile:
- First of all, open the LinkedIn homepage and login to your LinkedIn profile.
- At the top right of your profile, click on the pencil icon. Then an editing window will appear.
- Scroll down the editing window till the end. You will find a media section at the bottom of the window with two buttons: ‘Upload’ and ‘Link’.
- Using one of these, you can upload your own resume on your LinkedIn profile.
Create Resume from Linkedin:
As there are many different LinkedIn profile writer, LinkedIn resume writers, and LinkedIn profile writing services available that you can hire if you don’t want to create your profile manually. But, before hiring any of these you must know that it is really easy to write your own LinkedIn profile and export it. You don’t need LinkedIn resume services. You can search resumes on LinkedIn if you want. So, here we are with the complete process that will help you in generating your resume from LinkedIn.
- At first, you need to sign in to your LinkedIn profile.
- Click on the ‘Me’ icon below your profile picture at the top right corner of your profile.
- Under this, click on the view profile icon in the dropdown menu. Your profile page will appear.
- You will see a button called ‘More’. Click on that button and then select ‘save to pdf’ from that menu.
You will see a pdf with all your details arranged in a very systematic way. So, this is how you can generate your own resume from your LinkedIn profile. If you want to create an eyecatching LinkedIn profile then you have to fill all the details carefully and professionally. Here is how you can create your own LinkedIn profile.
- Sign up on LinkedIn.
- Fill all the mandatory credentials along with your name, contact information, and social handles.
- Mention your work history in a well-designed and detailed manner. Write it carefully because it is the backbone of your resume.
- You have to mention your education and qualification in detail because it matters a lot for the reader. Your education clarifies your abilities and capabilities.
- You can also mention your awards and honours that you were rewarded with.
- You have to add all your special achievements and skills in the skills section.
- In the languages section, you can add all the languages that you are familiar with.
So, this is the whole sign up process for your LinkedIn profile. Try not to avoid any section and complete your profile to make it look appealing. You can use it now as your resume as well. If you want some best resume samples and formats then you can check these as well.