What is CV:
The Curriculum Vitae (CV) is a document that highlights the work history and academic history of a particular person. In short, you can use it to represent your profile professionally in front of someone i.e recruiter to get a job. The Curriculum Vitae includes all pieces of information such as work history, education history, achievements, skills, and all the necessary credentials that you might need while applying for a job.
How to Write a CV:
Before moving towards the format of CV, let’s have a look at a few things that will help you in writing a CV according to your needs.
- You have to pick up the best and the most suitable CV type according to your job requirements.
- After choosing the CV type, you have to gather all the necessary information and highlight it in your curriculum vitae.
- Try to grab the attention of the recruiter by adding valuable and needed information in it. According to a UK researcher, the average time spent on a CV is around 6 seconds. So, be careful with what you mention.
- Avoid unnecessary information as much as possible and try to engage the recruiter with your CV by adding the most important information and your specialties in it. For instance, do not make your CV boring by adding hobbies & interests section in it; you can add your future plans instead of adding useless sections.
CV Writing Format:
If you are looking for an online professional CV template builder then you don’t need to do this now. Here we are with a good cv sample format that will help you in creating a resume of your kind. One can even use this format for first job if he/she is a fresher.
- First of all, the individual has to mention all the basic information along with the name and address at the top of the CV. The individual can also highlight Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, web page, and email if they have (if needed).
- As we discussed already, the average time for digging into the CV is approx. 6 seconds and you have to mention the CV personal statement at the top. Keep your words calm and kind while writing the personal statement section. In this section, you have to mention all your special achievements and experiences to make it appealing. So, write an eye-catching CV summary and try to grab the attention of the recruiter towards your CV.
- After the CV personal statement, you have to write your work history. This section is one of the most important sections of your CV. So, mention all your work history in detail.
- After giving a brief overview of your work history, mention all your soft and hard skills by creating a skills section.
- After this all, it is time to show the recruiter that how educated you are by adding an education section in your CV. In this section, mention all your education and qualification in detail.
- Other than this, you can add a few more sections according to your needs such as language section, certifications section, awards & honors section, and any other which you think you have to add in your Curriculum Vitae.
Below are some CV samples that you can download(PDF/DOC) and customize according to your requirements.