The follow-up is an email that is sent in response to the actions or to build connections with people. There are plenty of reasons to follow up such as follow up email after interview, meeting, inquiry, for the job, and other kinds of interests generated among people. We all encounter these kinds of emails in our daily life. So, if you are looking for some of the best follow up email format and samples then you are at the right place.
Before moving towards the samples, let’s have a look over how to write a follow-up email and how long you should wait before writing one. So, before writing the email, there are a few things that one should keep in mind.
- If you are following up because of no response from the opposite team/company/individual then you should send the follow up depending on the circumstances. For example, you can send the email just after phone call to thank the specified person/organization, you have to wait for at least two days if you are sending the job interview follow up email, you can send the email immediately if you shared some samples to client; There is no fixed time that one should wait before sending the follow-up email because it totally depends on the purpose and objective of the email.
- Wait for at least 48 hours before sending the second follow up email after no response.
- If you are sending the follow up email after job application then you have to be extremely polite and patient with your words and behavior.
How to Write a Follow Up Email:
You have to say hi along with the name of the receiver at the top of the email. After this, you have to mention the purpose of your email and you have to be courteous. Don’t expand the email by including unnecessary things but keep it brief and add value to it, in short, be straightforward. For instance, if you had applied for any job and haven’t heard anything from the recruiter and decided to write a follow up email to recruiter then you have to mention add value/necessary credentials in it. It is because you’ve been rejected already and adding unnecessary things in your email means you are pushing yourself to the spam folder. So, be careful about what you write. Below are some job application follow up email sample, interview follow up email samples, sales follow up email samples, and many more follow up samples that will help you in writing your own email.
Subject: I found what you were looking for
You were looking for (name of the product or service) but it was unavailable at that time and we are sorry for that. But you’ll be very happy because it is in the stock once again.
Visit us directly or click the link below to buy it now at a very reasonable discount. The offer is only for you.
(Put the link of the product or service)
(Your name or Name of the company)
Subject: Here is what you asked for
We feel very proud because you are our happy user and you contacted us for the problem you were facing only because you trust us.
As we can see that you were having difficulty in handling the (name of the product). Click the link below to get the complete guide about how to operate (name of the product).
We are sorry for your inconvenience and we brought you the latest (name of the product which you want to promote) with a heavy discount as the inconvenience cost.
Thanks and Regards,
(Name of the Company or Your Name)
Subject: More about what we discussed on the phone call
We had a great time talking to you on the last phone call. Here are a few things that you need to know about our service/product.
- We are providing you the best product/service at the cheapest price possible.
- As compared to other brands, we are providing you an extra one year warranty.
- (Mention all the details that make your product/service unique)
(Your Name or Name of the Organization)
Subject: Marketing Manager – Steve Warner Resume (Use exceedingly polite words as you can see in the follow up email after interview sample below)
Dear Mr./Ms. (Name of the recruiter if you have/Name of the company if you are writing it directly to the company/you can omit this if you don’t have either of them)
I hope you are fine. If you remember, I submitted a resume for the marketing manager position on (mention the specified date),
I believe that my profile is the perfect match for this position and I am very interested in working with ABC company. I can resend my resume or can reach your office branch here in California if you want/if needed.
Thanks for your deliberation.